A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Meet the Shop.

Today we're going to get to know a little bit about the Woman behind it all,  Sue Stanton. So how did it all happen? And where does all the magic come from? Today we get a peak at the owner and proprietor of Sew Unique Threads.

Sue is standing in front of her
favorite fabric. A Kaffe, "Brassica Moss"
Click HERE for details.

First of all, I think we'd all like to know why you opened Sew Unique Threads and how it became the shop it is today.
Seven years ago I was very unhappy with the availability of embroidery products in my area. I loved hand and machine embroidery. Because I couldn't find what I was looking for and because I really wanted to bring that love to our area, I decided to open my own shop with a focus on teaching machine embroidery. I'm not sure what happened! seven years later, we still carry all of the embroidery products I love, but we also carry over 2,000 bolts of fabric. I guess I got bit by the sewing bug along the way, and there was a need for more then just high end embroidery supplies. My customers were also looking for unique and designer fabrics.

Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Sue and I'm a mom and wife. I'm not a Grandma yet...sadly... I do have three dogs and four cats I can spoil while I wait. I love to garden and create sitting areas in my yard, even if I never sit down! I can admire them from a distance.

How long have you been sewing and creating?
I made a macrame hanging table in college (I wish I still had it). I also rented a loom in college. I've been making ever since. I've always loved handmade and vintage things, it feels like creating is part of me.

What are your favorite types of products to make?
I like it all! quilting, crafting, clothing, home decorations...

What is your favorite thing about owning and running Sew Unique Threads?
I love to create a space where people can enjoy shopping and find unique items. I like the fact that my store is different even though, at times, that can be a little scary.

What was the last project you finished?
Cherry Wall hanging
Patterns and Kits for the Cherry Wall Hanging
in the store.


What is the your next project going to be?
To finish...Let's see, there are so many started, I'm not sure!

There you have it a little peak at the Woman who started it all! I hope you enjoyed this edition of "Meet the Shop" and as always...
Happy Sewing!
Love,
Jessie and Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment