A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Kit of the Week

We're a bit late getting the kit of the week posted but some of our fabric was late in arriving. This kit, from Fig Tree & Co, is a mini called "Cherry Pie" it includes all the fabric you see here, including the back, and the pattern. I'm wondering if Fig Tree has ever done anything that's less than delightful? Come into the shop for this or any of our other kits and new mini quilt patterns.

The prices for the "Woodwinked" fabric collection are now on the website. Click HERE to browse.

This strawberry dress is what's on my sewing table. My birthday is Saturday and it's a personal tradition and gift to myself to make a new dress to wear. This one is turning out okay, the risk reward with sewing clothes is so high don't you think? You just can't be sure what it will look like on, until your done. I envisioned a simple, sweet summer frock, and if it doesn't show off every lump I have then I think I"ll be happy with it. The fabric is a cotton knit jersey from Heather Ross. Because, in my heart, Michigan strawberries will forever be linked with summertime and my birthday it seems perfect. The rickrack is vintage from my stash and is making me so happy!


This is a robin's nest I found in my hanging begonias! A special birthday
gift, baby birds!


What's on your sewing table? We'd love to hear from you.
Happy Sewing,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment