A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Pajamas.

Happy February! It's hard to believe that we're already entering the second month of the year, though any day that get's us closer to spring is a good day for me. We are now fully entering Valentine's season which is one of my personal favorites. It seems to be the only time you can mix red and pink (which I love) and wear glitter with reckless abandon.



Kwik Sew 3595. Love the back of View B.

 We have some very Valentinesy fabric in store and what's better for the 14th then a new pair of pajamas for myself? I used pattern 3595 from Kwik Sew (we have a limited number in store if your interested.) I love the back of view B, but since I have two sons and am always cold I thought it might be less then practical... still I wouldn't mind making another pair for summer and it's just so girly... There were some really great positives for this pattern, for instance you end up with no exposed seams in the yoke, which I thought was genius and it went together really easily. I made these in one day. However, I followed the pattern measurements which put me at a large on top and an extra large on the bottom. I could have easily gone down one size for both! I don't understand why commercial patterns build so much ease into their patterns it drives me crazy. So keep that in mind, especially if your in-between sizes I'd go with the smaller. I'm not too upset though, because they'll be really comfy for summer especially after a full day at the beach with sun burned skin. The second thing I'd caution is it only gives you a 1/4'' seam allowance (which wouldn't matter in the yoke) and I like to do french seams especially on jammies and because I don't have a serger, I just added 1/4'' when I traced the pattern.



These ended up reminding me of an old tiny
swim suit! Fabric HERE.
Abbi Hal ABC Menagerie

We've also gotten a lot of new fabrics in store. Lots of grunge, Moda, and Kaffe! All online and in the store. I'm in love with Abi Hall's new ABC fabric, it's so cute!! Almost makes me want another baby... almost.
Grunge
                                   

Kaffe!
Happy Sewing,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.



No comments:

Post a Comment