A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!


I actually used the sewing machine to make those paint chip notebooks.
Heart Valentine's for school. A monster change purse for my boys.

Happy Valentine's Day readers! Well Friday anyway. I hope your filled with hearts and sparkles and pink glitter... Or if that's too much for you I just hope your surrounded by love and bits of fabric. I've sewn my way through the month and have enjoyed every bit of it. I'm looking forward to time with my son at his school tomorrow and then a nice dinner out with my husband.
Something like this but not exactly this. I just have
a vision for what I want this anniversary outfit to look
like we'll see if it comes true.

The only thing I wish is that I'd sewn up something new to wear on my date but since time is, as always, limited I've decided that as soon as this holiday is over I'm going to start designing an anniversary outfit! I actually started thinking about it last night and my mind wouldn't turn off! Does that ever happen to you? I couldn't even fall asleep because I was thinking "I wonder if I made a pencil skirt out of knit if that would work? It would be cool enough for June and Oh I could use that flowy fabric from my stash to do a blouse..." Then I couldn't fall asleep!
Find the fabric HERE.
New fabrics from Free Spirit in the store. Very old fashioned and classy looking don't you think? I really like the "Twill Bouquet". I like these colors too, but then blues always speak to me. Find the fabrics in store or HERE.

For you're Valentine's sewing pleasure is a jazzy love song playlist. The last song was the song my (Jessie) husband and I danced to at our wedding, so you know I had to include it! Have a lovely Weekend!

Happy Sewing
Love,
Jessie and Sue.

2 comments:

  1. Love the anniversary outfit! A string of pearls would be fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I so agree and I LOVE pearls, have a few strands already and waiting. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the vision in my head can match what I actually sew!

      Delete