A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bookmarks

Happy Thursday friends! I hope you are all healthy and enjoying this slight warmup (if your from MI that is, is your from somewhere that's been nice and warm, well then I'm quite jealous...)

I had grand plans for this weeks sewing project, but as so often happens life sort of got in the way. I'm okay with that, or at least I'm learning to be okay with that. Yesterday a friend (my maid of honor and college roommate, actually) came to visit with her four kids. It was wild, loud, and crazy and I loved it. Time spent with old friends seems so rare these days, it was certainly precious. This morning during time I would have been getting ready and doing my chores I was snuggling my two sons. It seemed like they needed it, and truth be told, so did I. I think it's okay to put away the plans we have, to put on hold "the things we have to do" to make room for the things we really need.

As you can see easy enough that I made an entire bouquet.
That doesn't mean I have nothing to share. As luck would have it I had started another project for Valentine's that just so happens to be perfect for this little corner of the internet. I have been desperately craving flowers, and gardening, and sunshine, which, is why this project spoke to me (that and it was fast and used up lots of little pieces of fabric. Seems to be a theme with me lately).

These little bookmarks were a project idea I found on Pinterest. The original pin is HERE if your interested in the step by step. I used pieces from my Moda charm pack that never runs dry, scraps of green from RJR Fabric Garden Medley (in store) and vintage buttons from my collection. Super simple to put together (I didn't even use a pattern for the flowers just free handed it). If your looking for a small Valentine's or thinking of you gift, this is great for any person who loves to read. Finally a bookmark that won't fall out (or be pulled out by children)!


Happy Sewing,
Love,
Jessie and Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment