A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Underwear

I suddenly find myself under the weather with a cold. Is it too early to be sick of winter? I want to go out and dig in my garden and sew some shorts and a vintage inspired bathing suit but alas it's hot tea and blankets for me. I thought I would mention if your looking for new project ideas or inspiration or just an escape from the cold weather, check out out our Pinterest boards. We've pinned loads of ideas, free patterns, and tutorials and links for your perusing. Click HERE to check it out. We're also now on Google Plus our user name is Sew Unique if you'd like to connect with us there.
This is the only successful pair of under type things I've made.
The fabric is in the shop in a few different colors. You can read more
about it on my personal blog, click HERE.

It's Valentine's time, or almost anyway, and that means that I'm about to enter my annual sew-under-things-madness. Happens every year about this time, I start thinking I might like to sew a nighty or I start researching how to make corsets (which I never wear and look incredibly difficult which is why I've never actually made one). Last year I went through this panties fever where I was convinced I could make my own Vintage inspired High Waisted Pin up type underwear. I bought a downloadable pattern, went crazy in the blog world reading all about it, bought lots of different types of fabrics from online sources and that cute little lingerie elastic that sort of looks like lace. First I made a "muslin" (that's like a mock up to see what needs changed). Oh Lordy so much needed to be changed! I am very happy with my post-baby body but it's not exactly modelesque, and no matter what I did my underwear endeavor ended up with me wiggling into drawers that were too tight around the thighs and reached nearly up to my armpits... not exactly what I was going for. Then almost as quickly as the fever started it disappeared. Leaving me with a few pairs of giant granny panties and lots of see-through fabric that had no purpose.

I'm starting to feel the urge again, and I'm trying to stave off the sewing crazy, but I did buy this book...because amazon told me I might like it... and it is VERY fascinating...

What do you think? Do you crave pretty under things? Have you had ANY luck sewing your own? If so I would so desperately love to hear about it. Let us know your tips in the comments below.

Happy Sewing,
Love
Jessie and Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment