A Modern Sewing Blog.

Monday, January 13, 2014

New in the Shop...

Coming to you from the shop today where we've started getting in our spring fabrics and Let me just say how wonderful it is to feast ones eyes upon fabrics in pastels and greens and pinks while the landscape outside is white, white, white! I realize Christmas is barely gone and I'm ready for gardens but at least I can make "gardens" out of pretty fabrics.

New Jelly Rolls from Moda from the Sewing Box collection. Oh dear these fabrics are close to my heart with their pins, and measuring tapes, and scissor themes. I actually received a charm pack as a gift in this collection and I CAN NOT decide what to do with it. Something special but I just can't decide. I thought about doing patchwork pillows, but is that too mundane? Perhaps a skirt, or even a purse I just can't find the right project for this special collection. I would love your advice, what would you do with such a sweet collection of fabrics?


We also got in three new quilt patterns and some new quilting tools. These short days and long cold nights are the best time to start a quilting project. Especially now that Christmas is over.
Lucky Stars Quilt Pattern

Dresden templates

To the Point Quilt Pattern

New Dresden quilt Pattern
Then my favorite thing this fabric Hello Petal fabric. It's so springy and whimsical! Lots of Layer Cakes in this one.
We're starting to think about Valentines and what kind of projects we'd like to do for this special pink and red holiday.  
Now that we're finally able to get out of the house I hope we'll see you soon. And as always...
Happy Sewing!
Love,
Jessie and Sue.





No comments:

Post a Comment