A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Little Toys.

Heather Bailey's Sweet pattern is available
in our online shop or in store.
One of my favorite things is to take patterns and ideas and sort of repurpose them to fit my needs. An example is the children's messenger bag repurposed into a small messenger bag/purse, from last week. This week I took the cutest little pincushion pattern and repurposed it to a toy.

Honestly this little guy is so cute I'd have a hard time sticking him with pins any way and I've found that this is the perfect little baby toy. I'm attending a shower for a friend in a week and a half and decided he'd be the perfect little friend for small baby hands.

What I love about this pattern is how little fabric it uses. I also love mixing and matching fabrics and it's a great way to use up fat quarters! AND, most of it can be done on machine which is my true love, it's hard for me to sit through a lot of hand sewing. All I did to make this a child's toy was make sure the shell was doubly stitched on and then embroidered a sweet smile to warm him up and give him some character.

Here's one that's a fungi! I made him a few years ago you can read
about him over at my personal blog.
Lastly it's been awhile since we had a music playlist to sew too. I spent quite some time looking for songs that are actually about sewing, or mention sewing, or quilting. Believe it or not there are some out there, mostly country, though I did find a march, and some jazz.  So here's the sewing song list for the week, this one SONGS ABOUT SEWING, enjoy!
Let us know if we missed any sewing songs, and what your favorite songs are to sew to.
Happy Sewing,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment