A Modern Sewing Blog.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Happy Sewing dear friends. I hope your weekend is going well and your spending this wet rainy weather snuggled up with a needle, thread and a cup of tea. I've had a very productive weekend filled with finished Halloween costumes, a wet but fun walk in the woods for some fun upcoming blog posts and snuggles with my little ones.

I did manage to FINALLY get one of my aprons finished. I still have one more to do before I'm allowed to start on the dress I was talking about in an earlier post. I'm having a very hard time being motivated to do these, for some reason (as I love aprons and wear them daily). Maybe now that I've got one done getting the second finished will be easier (but, oh how I'm ready to start that dress).

The apron I did finally finish I really love. It's a gift for a friend and the tea cups are perfect (that fabric was bought about six months ago and finally got used) the contrast fabric in green is from the shop. It's an RJR fabric called Garden Medley. It's the perfect green with the same diamond pattern as on some of the cups with just a bit of pink. I love it when fabrics work out that way. The shape of the apron is very 1940's which, I'm sure you're beginning to discover, I totally dig! It covers so much and believe me, I need a lot of coverage (I'm not sure if I'm a good cook but I KNOW I'm a messy one). The pattern is also from the shop (and you can buy it online) It's the "All Day Apron" from Indygo Junction. It was a nice pattern to use with pretty easy directions, and not a ton of pieces which I like.





The bag you see in these pictures is the "Mondo Bag" and let me just say it is HUGE! It holds sooo much. There is a class starting Oct 10th 10pm-1pm and the cost for the class is $7 and the kit is $48, which is pretty much the cost of the materials so you get the great sewing time with lovely ladies free! You can check out the details online

I hope you had a great weekend and I hope your week ahead is filled with,
Happy Sewing


No comments:

Post a Comment