A Modern Sewing Blog.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fig Tree Fabrics.

I had the pleasure of putting all the fig tree fabric from Moda on the website Monday and can I just say, "Ahhhhhh" and then swoon. It was all so pretty I nearly went mad. I wanted to go skipping with it through the store (which reminds me of a musical my sister and I want to write called the fabric and book shop musical. It would include a lot of using scissors and books as precussion). Instead of frolicking and singing through the store, I made a Pinterest board for all thing Fig Tree. Check there for some inspiration and pretty pictures of fabric. And, if you can't get into our brick and mortar shop you can always shop for it in our online store.

The second thing I did was to completely redesign this dress that's in my cue. (As a side note; am I the only one who's favorite part of a sewing project is the planning part)? I am going to use some of the Fig Tree Avalon fabric and I think it will look really cute (I've asked like ten people their opinions so I'd say I'm good). I was looking for something Navy Blue that will coordinate with mustard, and army green. These are the colors I try to stay near when I'm buying or making things for fall. And this totally fits the bill, along with the fact that I think it will give the dress a really vintage vibe (which is totally my style).

I'm going to change the collar to a peter pan collar and do that in the polka dot while the body of the dress is floral. I'll show pics when I'm all finished!

I can't start the dress until I finish this weeks project, which I'll be blogging about soon. It's a very homey project and is what is inspiring our sewing song list this week. I needed something with a bit of a blue grass vibe while I sew this weeks vintage inspired creation. I hope you enjoy.

We'd love to hear what your favorite part of sewing is. Is it the planning, the cutting, or the actual machine stitching? Whatever it is...
Happy Sewing
Love, Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment