A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

In the Shop Monday.

This post was originally written on Monday but because of technical difficulties wasn't posted until today.

Just popping in from the store today. We're in the midst of changing from rubber banding the bolts of fabric to using clips. Fascinating, I know, and you may be wondering how I could pull myself away to write this... The cool thing about this project is that I get to see lots of fabric. Some of it I've forgotten about and some of it I've never really seen, it's actually pretty cool.

There's so much going on in here. Lot's of new kits being made for fall, more to come on all that I assure you. Plans to completely rearrange which is both exciting and scary. Very thankful that I am not in charge of that project, I just get to show up and help. Looking forward to a new look for the shop.

Last week I tie-dyed t-shirts for the first time with some students and now my nails are red and blue. It does not look as cool as it sounds. Fun project though, I had never experimented with dying fabrics before and it was really satisfying (even if my hands are now blue). I'm also completely engrossed in this season of Project Runway. Are any of you into that show? I don't love the drama but I do love seeing their ideas come to life. It's amazing, and as someone who sews I really appreciate what they can accomplish.
I am so lucky to get to work with Jr. High girls. So much fun.


This was a pinterest project that actually worked! Click HERE
for the original pin.

Not too much to report on, except that Hazel the Hedgehog kit is still on special for this week. Hope all is well in sewing land.

Happy Sewing,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment