A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

New Projects

I'm itching to get started on some new projects. I'm so busy, though (I'm sure you all know the feeling) something going on every weekend until the end of April! But then, that's it. After April is over I'm diving head long into a new skirt and blouse. I love sewing all kinds of things, but the projects that bring me the most pleasure (and frustration) are sewing clothes. I just love wearing something I've made, and I hope that someday (soon) my clothes will fit better then the store bought kind. Here are a couple of pins for the skirt I'm dreaming of:

Click HERE to see the pins.

And after I finish the skirt and blouse, I'm going to splurge on those stockings with the seams up the back. For now, it's more baby bibs and change purses and messenger bags, I am making headway though. 

Lastly, but surely not least, we're getting the entire RJR Jinny Beyer Batik collection in store and online. The fabrics are perfectly color coordinated so you'll notice it starts at 001 and progresses with each new fabric going up a shade. It's really beautiful and, while I know batiks are used for all sorts of things I can't help but imagine them as beautiful tropical sun dresses and bathing suit wraps! We've already received the Lagoon collection and will be receiving the rest soon. Click HERE to view online.
Just a sampling of all the lovely Batiks by designer Jinny Beyer.
Happy sewing friends,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment