A Modern Sewing Blog.

Monday, April 28, 2014

New Fabrics New Beginnings

The craft show is over and I'm moving on to sewing for summer! YEAH!! I've been looking forward to these new projects for a while now and I'm more then ready to get ready for summer. I bought two new patterns one for knit skirts and one for knit dresses, I'm imagining a closet full of light, airy knit dresses for summer (whether or not that actually comes to fruition is yet to be seen). I cleaned and organized my sewing room, it's ready and waiting for me to mess it up again.

Just in time for all my new sewing endeavors, we got a bunch of new fabric. I have no idea where we'll put it all, but it's better to have store shelves filled with luscious fabrics, then empty shelves.

From Moda and Laundry Basket quilts are the Jelly Bean batiks. They are so lightweight and summery. My family is going to Florida in June and I was thinking it would be so cheesy awesome to make coordinating pajamas out of the ocean blue. What do you think? Shop HERE.

We got in two Cotton Lawns. When I felt these I almost died. Is there anything more luscious then lawn? Perfect for a summer blouse. Shop HERE.



New precuts HERE.
For those of you who are good at planning ahead we also got in some really nice 100% cotton flannels and this wonderful, retro Halloween fabric. I was so smitten with the cute witch that I immediately bought one of the Stackers. Shop HERE, HERE, and HERE


Happy sewing friends,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.




No comments:

Post a Comment