A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Headbands

Sweet Sewists let me begin by saying how happy and honored I am to be coming here and sharing things with you all. I know that I can ramble, and that there is a lot of growth to be had in my sewing and writing and I'm so blessed to be on that journey with all of you. Thank you.

The headache of Monday has worn off and spring is here, finally! This left me with a desire to create something summery and fun, but it had to be a fast project. I've got no time to commit to a big project right now (The Blooms of Spring Craft Show is this Saturday, however, and once that's over it's on to making new summer clothes).  Amy Butler's Ribbon Creative Suite was just the thing. This pattern includes 7 wonderful things to make all of them fast, easy and great to give as gifts (You can get a lot out of this pattern).  I made two headbands in less then an hour! I was also going to make a bookmark but forgot to grab the peltex from the shop. That just gives me something fast to make Monday.  Click HERE to view the pattern

I followed her directions and it worked great. I might add half an inch to the elastic next time (I come from a long line of big heads) as it is it fits fine, just a scosh tight after prolonged wearing.

Because we're so happy that spring has finally sprung we're giving away both headbands. Leave a comment here telling us your favorite quick sewing project, or your favorite thing to wear in warmer weather. Really just leave a comment along with your name to be entered to win.






Happy Sewing,
Love
Jessie and Sue.

1 comment: