A Modern Sewing Blog.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Learning to Let Holiday Things Go.

Christmas is nearly here and I'm trying to let things go. The last couple of weeks were full of minor medical emergencies with my oldest son, and somehow time just slipped away. It usually does this time of year, and even though I made sure to have less projects on my list this holiday season I'm finding myself out of time. And, that's okay. It's okay if the basement isn't cleaned and the floors aren't mopped. If I don't get my new messenger bag finished before I leave on vacation I'll still go on vacation (though I really really really want to finish it). What IS important is pie, sticky buns, wrapped presents, and really those things aren't even that important. It's my husband and boys that make this season so special, and I'm learning to let the other stuff go.

We'll be closing tomorrow at noon and we'll be closed the 25th and 26th. We'll close New Year's Eve at noon and be closed New Year's day. We got a new shipment of Moda in the shop a few new books and patterns and some really awesome filler for pin cushions. All online and in our brick and mortar store.
New Moda Fabrics. Click HERE to see online.

We'll be with family and on vacation so you won't be seeing a blog post for a week or so, but we'll be back with new projects for the new year. Have a very merry Christmas and blessed New Year.
Happy Sewing,
Love Jessie and Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment