A Modern Sewing Blog.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Just Checking in.

You would not believe how clean my sewing room is! I don't even want to sew it's so clean and organized. Under all those scraps of fabric and bits of thread was a real beauty. One of my dear friends came and took pictures on her fancy camera of my sewing room for a new segment we're going to start here on the blog called "Sewing Spaces" where we'll take a virtual tour of a room or corner of a room that has been set aside for creative pursuits. Look for that soon. To go along with our "Sewing Spaces" segment we've started a Sewing Spaces Board on Pinterest. Click Here to check out lots of beautiful spaces and ideas for decorating and organization your own sewing places. While we're on the subject of connecting with us I wanted to point out that If you look to the left of this post you'll see a column titled "Connect with us here" click any of those links to find our website, Facebook, or Pinterest account where we're always pinning inspiring creative ideas.

Don't forget to leave a comment on the last blog post to be entered to win the Owl sewing pattern from Sewn into the Fabric. Click Here to read that post.

New classes starting in the shop. It's the perfect time of year to commit to a new project and hang out with awesome sewing ladies.

Lastly, I wanted to introduce you to our Sewing Song List. I don't know about you but I have to have some sort of music going in the background whilst I sew. I thought it'd be fun to share what we listen to while we create. I'll try and post a new song list each week for you to enjoy as well. This week I'm needing something classic but upbeat to give me the energy I need to do a lot of work fast and well. Sort of a swing feel to keep me planning that cute 1940's inspired pencil skirt I want to sew. And a bit of an homage to my dear sisters who I'm missing immensely right now. I hope you enjoy.
Happy Sewing
Love Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment