A Modern Sewing Blog.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Cotton + Steel

Have you ever stumbled on something that was perfect for you? A dress you'd imagined but never thought someone would design? That missing piece of furniture? A dessert that tickled all your taste buds? This happened to me today. I have been looking all over the shops and inter-webs for that perfect fabric for my kitchen. And today when I came into the shop I saw this:

To See online click HERE

Cue angle singing. Not only do I have a vintage Pyrex collection, including the refrigerator dishes, I also LOVE those metal picnic baskets from the fifties. It's like Melody from Cotton + Steel connected to my brain and then designed this fabric. I don't even know how many yards to buy. 100 yards? That might be enough.

To see This new Cotton + Steel click HERE
Also this week I found this fabric in the shop and was totally inspired. If you've read much fantasy, I wonder if these cloud ships remind you of that genre? Specifically the book "Star Dust". Well a book lover like me had to have some.

I've also been inspired by these Heidi Boyd embroidery kits. They come with everything you need and I just think they're so whimsical.
Click HERE for more details.
The last thing I wanted to mention was that we're looking for teachers. If you love to sew and have a desire to share that with others then come in and talk to Sue about leading a project. We're open to all kinds of fabric crafts and are looking to expand our class list.

So what's been inspiring you lately? We'd love to hear from you.
Happy Sewing.
Love,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment