A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

New Fabric and New Projects

We recently received the entire line of Moda's Basic Grey Persimmon collection. THE ENTIRE COLLECTION! It's gorgeous and very romantic (at least in my view). I love the way they've juxtaposed woodsy and sort of Native American motifs with a really soft feminine touch. It's just lovely. Below is a small sample Click HERE to view the entire collection or come into the store.
I think this arrow fabric is fantastic.




There's been a bit of a lack of completed projects on this here blog and part of it is because I was working on this Amy Butler Bag.
It's for my mom and I'm very excited to give it to her this weekend. I love the fabrics (all from the shop) which Sue helped me to pick out. She is so amazing with fabric coordination! The directions were very easy to understand. The pattern had a lot of pieces which isn't my favorite thing, but it went together so well and is so cute that I'll forgive the plethora of interfacings. I used Amy Butler's Field Bag and Tote (I made the bag version which is really just the tote with a zipper installed). Click HERE for the pattern.
Here's a closeup of the fabrics. Don't you just love this fantastic button? We have a wonderful button selection in the shop.


Then I made this quick pillow. I got the idea from THIS PIN from pinterest but changed the silhouette from the traditional sherlock to the BBC modern take on the show. This is a gift for a friend who adores the show (and really, who doesn't, it's fantastic!). I printed the silhouette off of the internet and traced it onto EZ-steam then affixed it to the black felt. After I adhered the oval and the silhouette to the pillow I hand stitched around them to keep the pieces from peeling away at the edges. The pillow itself was a piece of cake; two squares sewn right sides together. I'm pretty pleased with the results and can see lots of possibilities with other silhouettes.

What have you been up to? The weeks until Christmas are blowing away. I hope your finding some joy and happiness with your needle and thread.
Happy Sewing,
Love,
Jessie and Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment