A Modern Sewing Blog.

Thursday, August 28, 2014


Happy thursday everyone! We've got several new fabric lines in the shop. We gave you a sneak peak of these two collections several months ago. They're finally here!

From Moda comes the linen like toweling fabric. I love this fabric and think it would be perfect for fifties inspired embroidered tea towels or lovely kitchen curtains. I really like the wholesome feel and look of these fabrics. Click HERE for details.


Secondly we've got the Cotton + Steel collection. I have been looking forward to this new fabric line for ages. What you see below is just a taste of all their fantastic prints. The designers have such a new and fresh look. Click HERE for lots more.


Before I go, I have to tell you about this project I finished. I used the Bali fabric Caramel and Kaufman Cornucopia and the Valorie Wells sewing card placemat and napkin pattern. This is the first time I've used batiks. Did you know that batiks don't have a wrong side? That is so cool! From start to finish this project took only a few hours. The only thing that I didn't like was that the fabric requirements were for just one placemat. Who would want just one placemat? Anyway if your looking for a quick project to make for a wedding or house warming gift and your low on time then I think this project is the one.


Happy sewing everyone!
Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment