A Modern Sewing Blog.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to My Sewing Room,

These shelves are something I'd like to improve on.
Please come in and make yourself comfortable. This post will be short on words and big on gorgeous photos of my favorite room in my house! Yes, I'm lucky enough to have an entire room for my sewing something I am very grateful for. And while there are things about it I'd like to improve (there are no pictures of the closet!! And I'd love french doors to an outdoor patio.) I am amazed at how much more creative I am and how much more I'm able to get done with a dedicated space.

Here it is I'll let the pictures do the talking. And a HUGE thank you to Bethany Clay for taking these photos for me. She has such a great eye and these pictures are so beautiful.




One thing I really wanted in my sewing room was a bed for
my best sewing companion, though he prefers to lay on scraps of fabric.

The pincushion was made out of a tin can by my great grandmother
and those scissors belonged to my other great grandma.

Halloween Costume in progress

Oh Janome what would I do without you?

I love old suitcases and they serve as a great place to store my
vintage patterns.





This peg rack was made by my papa.
I always know where my scissors are...
usually...

I hope you enjoyed our first "Sewing Space Tour" and I hope you'll come again.
Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment