A Modern Sewing Blog.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Some Changes.

Hello readers! Let me introduce myself, my name is Jessie and I’m the newest member of the SewUnique team. I’m a mom of two small boys, a smelly dog, and wife of a handsome and very understanding local pastor. My passions include vintage things, sewing, writing.  I’ve been blogging for almost ten years.

I’m joining the SewUnique family as the Social Media coordinator. This means I get to (among other things) write fun blog posts about fabric, sewing, and thread! It also means that Sue get’s to concentrate on what she loves, teaching classes and finding great things for the shop.  I am over-the-moon excited about becoming a member of the SewUnique family and I can’t wait to meet other passionate-about-sewing people through the store and it’s face book, pinterest, and other online places. 


 There is something so special about making things with our hands; seeing fabric, felt, yarn, come together into something we had envisioned in our heads, each stitch imbued with love and care... Of course there’s also the times it doesn’t go as planned and we curse our sewing machines... We’ll talk about both, the success and epic failures. I hope that we’ll get to start a conversation online and in person about the beautiful, sometimes frustrating, but always worth it, art of sewing and crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment